The Town of Sunnyvale continues to make improvements to roads and streets. At its July 24, 2023 meeting, the Town Council approved $9.3 million to fund the project’s next phase.
Phase 2B includes the repair and overlay of the following sections of asphalt roadway (dates are subject to change):
- Tripp Road reopened to traffic in both directions between the Falls and Beltline Road on Wednesday, Sept. 27. Please expect some closure delays in the westbound direction on Saturday, 9/30, when paving of the final asphalt layer is scheduled to occur on the westbound lane. Please expect some closure delays in the eastbound direction on Monday, 10/2, when paving of the final asphalt layer is scheduled to occur on the eastbound lane. – Alternate route map (pdf)
- Jobson Road from Tripp Road to US 80 reopened to traffic in both directions on Thursday, Sept. 28. Please expect some closure delays on Tuesday, 10/3, when paving of the final asphalt layer is scheduled to occur along both lanes. Alternate Route Map (pdf)
- Jobson Road from Tripp Road to Town East Boulevard
- Town East Boulevard from Collins Road to Tower Place (Eastbound 10/2 - 10/16, Westbound 10/16 - 10/30)
- North Collins Road from Town East Boulevard to Barnes Bridge Road (10/16 - 11/6)
The 11-lane-mile phase is scheduled to begin in late August and is expected to be completed before Christmas. Keep in mind that weather and other factors can cause delays or pauses in any construction project.
Phase 1 of this project included portions of Town East Boulevard, Long Creek Road, East Fork, Gloria Road, N. Collins Road, and Polly Road and is complete. Phase 2A addressed East Fork from Polly Road to Town East Boulevard and was completed in mid-August. Those two phases represent an investment of $3.75 million. Phase 2C was awarded for construction on Aug. 28 and will improve an additional 5.7 lane miles with improvements to East Fork and north and south Paschall Roads. This work is also expected to be completed this fall.
With the completion of Phase 2B and 2C this fall, the Town of Sunnyvale will have covered more than 26 lane-miles of road and street improvements since the beginning of 2022 and will continue to secure Sunnyvale’s future pathways.
Watch this page for project updates.